Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wild Wednesday

Wild Wednesday's - I will post about whatever strikes my fancy.




FOR GOOD

I remember my Nana saving things "for good" when I was a little girl. I never got an answer when I would ask when "good" was. She never got to use some things because she was waiting. That makes me sad. I know she liked, maybe even loved, some of the things she was saving "for good", but she waited too long. So to honor her, I try not to wait "for good" to use things.



I use this glass everyday:



(no, it isn't a vase)

It looks out of place with my girls' plastic Transformer Slurpee cups at the dinner table, but I really like the glass and I really LOVED my Nana, so I use it everyday. I hope she would appreciate the gesture. I miss her very much and this is just a small way to keep her close to me.


Everyday.

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

You are so right, things are meant to be used and enjoyed - aren't we "for good" enough? Of course, we are!

Now you make me want to go home and pull out the good china for dinner!

A lovely post and yes, Nana would appreciate the gesture.

Kristen H said...

My mom just gave me two bushel baskets full of China that Grandma got through Jewel grocery store promotions back in the 1960s. She gave me a box of silverware too. Real Silver. She said, these aren't EVERY DAY dishes, these are for good! I guess I will never use them either. :) I want to use them everyday! I think they are beautiful. And they were my Grandma's! I never save stuff. Today is GOOD! Great post, Jana!

Kathy said...

I know what you mean. I saved our crystal goblets we received 30 yrs. ago as wedding presents for "good". When we had a party a couple of years ago, we brought them out and our sil broke one. He felt terrible... I told him it didn't matter, they were given to us so long ago to use... and wine was enjoyed by all! Life is so short...drink out of crystal goblets!