Saturday, January 23, 2010

Good Bye Old Friend...

We met almost 20 years ago in Guam. I was there for work. I needed toothpaste and found her on a shelf in the aisle near the jewelry. I always stopped to look at the jewelry first. You know, bling!!! It was a relationship that was meant to be. One look, and it was instant love. Something about her, well, she "spoke" to me. I brought her home with me to California. We lived together in harmony until a couple of weeks ago. And then, the unspeakable happened. She slipped from my fingers and went crashing to a slivery death. I miss her. She and I were so good together. She was a big part of who I was. She was there for me.


Rest in Peace darling.

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

Aw, Jana, that's a long time to have a good mug that you had developed a relationship with. At least it was quick, she didn't get chipped and then pasted back together only to chip further. She left with her beauty intact.

Rosemary said...

And you picked HER up in the drug store! Personally, I LOVE how you were looking at jewelry - that trend is apparently a lifelong thing...

Kristen H said...

I love your mug. I am so sorry that she had an accident. So sad. Bless her soul!