Friday, January 1, 2010

2010... the year of VISION

VISION has many slightly different definitions.
According to Merriam-Webster it means:

- 1 a : something seen in a dream, trance, or ecstasy; especially : a supernatural appearance that conveys a revelation b : a thought, concept, or object formed by the imagination c : a manifestation to the senses of something immaterial

- 2 a : the act or power of imagination b (1) : mode of seeing or conceiving (2) : unusual discernment or foresight c : direct mystical awareness of the supernatural usually in visible form

-3 a : the act or power of seeing : sight b : the special sense by which the qualities of an object (as color, luminosity, shape, and size) constituting its appearance are perceived through a process in which light rays entering the eye are transformed by the retina into electrical signals that are transmitted to the brain via the optic nerve

-4 a : something seen b : a lovely or charming sight

I think that all of them are applicable to my goals. Most fitting are 1a and 4b. I want my dreams to be realized (word from 2009). In order for this to occur, I need to visualize.

***************

"I think VISION is my word. I can accomplish anything I set my mind to with a VISION. I need to do many things that I have been putting off. 2010 is the year." - my comment on Ali's blog regarding One Little Word for 2010

There are many, many words that would work with my goals/plans for 2010.

But I am going with VISION for many reasons.

As I said, I usually accomplish more if I can visualize "IT". I need to:

* Get healthy. Eat better. Eat less. Weigh less.
* Get moving - as in excersize.
* Organize my craft room (purge).
* Gain a better relationship with my teenage daughters. It isn't really bad, I just know it could be better.
* Attain the marriage I think I deserve. Schedule more dates.
* Appreciate my youngest more. She is growing way too quickly.
* Dress better. (see first goal.)
* Blog better. I am already off to a good start. Don't cha think?!?!
* Take better care of myself in general. I recently have been diagnosed with Acute Angle Glaucoma. Nothing I did to cause it, but it is scary. I have to have surgery on both eyes in the next few weeks. Surgery that is necessary to keep my VISION. (another reason for my word)
* Make more specific lists. Part of my dilemna is that I am too general. I need to start getting down to the nitty gritty.

I intend to use this blog to help me accomplish my VISION. You poor visitors will have to endure tedious posts until I can get the hang of it. Thanks for supporting me on this journey.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

OMGoodness...Your eye problem...did you read my blog about my eye problem! Ugh...please take care of yourself and your vision. I at 37 had a cataract and edema in one eye...they did the surgery, but now I have another set of problems because of the surgery. Vision is a great word...I will pray for both of our vision! Happy New Year and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Jessica G. said...

Awesome blog post to start off 2010! If only my resolutions were this clear and down in print; that's my first resolution!

So sorry to hear about your acute glaucoma; wishing you a sucessful procedure and a speedy recovery!!

Rosemary said...

Marvelous word, Jana, excellent choice! I want your vision to be strong, crisp, and clear. Prayers to St. Lucy will commence!!!

It's gonna be a FANTASTIC year for us all!

Casii said...

Great start; go for it!
(what's this you say about Jenni Bowlin in VA?)

Susie said...

Sounds like a great word that you can stay focused on in2010! Thanks for stopping by decorate your soul, you made me smile ;)

Electra said...

Oh My, I feel like anything BUT a poor visitor, I feel blessed to be a part of your journey. My word is "mindfulness", but you're way ahead of me in that I've only chosen it, not written about it yet. You'll be in my heart when you have your surgery.