VISION has many slightly different definitions.
According to Merriam-Webster it means:
- 1 a : something seen in a dream, trance, or ecstasy; especially : a supernatural appearance that conveys a revelation b : a thought, concept, or object formed by the imagination c : a manifestation to the senses of something immaterial
- 2 a : the act or power of imagination b (1) : mode of seeing or conceiving (2) : unusual discernment or foresight c : direct mystical awareness of the supernatural usually in visible form
-3 a : the act or power of seeing : sight b : the special sense by which the qualities of an object (as color, luminosity, shape, and size) constituting its appearance are perceived through a process in which light rays entering the eye are transformed by the retina into electrical signals that are transmitted to the brain via the optic nerve
-4 a : something seen b : a lovely or charming sight
I think that all of them are applicable to my goals. Most fitting are 1a and 4b. I want my dreams to be realized (word from 2009). In order for this to occur, I need to visualize.
"I think VISION is my word. I can accomplish anything I set my mind to with a VISION. I need to do many things that I have been putting off. 2010 is the year." - my comment on Ali's blog regarding One Little Word for 2010
There are many, many words that would work with my goals/plans for 2010.
But I am going with VISION for many reasons.
As I said, I usually accomplish more if I can visualize "IT". I need to:
* Get healthy. Eat better. Eat less. Weigh less.
* Get moving - as in excersize.
* Organize my craft room (purge).
* Gain a better relationship with my teenage daughters. It isn't really bad, I just know it could be better.
* Attain the marriage I think I deserve. Schedule more dates.
* Appreciate my youngest more. She is growing way too quickly.
* Dress better. (see first goal.)
* Blog better. I am already off to a good start. Don't cha think?!?!
* Take better care of myself in general. I recently have been diagnosed with Acute Angle Glaucoma. Nothing I did to cause it, but it is scary. I have to have surgery on both eyes in the next few weeks. Surgery that is necessary to keep my VISION. (another reason for my word)
* Make more specific lists. Part of my dilemna is that I am too general. I need to start getting down to the nitty gritty.
I intend to use this blog to help me accomplish my VISION. You poor visitors will have to endure tedious posts until I can get the hang of it. Thanks for supporting me on this journey.