Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tweet Wall Hanging


Gini over at the illustious ORDER of the OPUS GLUEI, is challenging us to make something, anything, regarding BIRDS, and/or all things BIRDIE. I made this:


It will be a wall hanging. I envision it to be somewhat similar to a dream catcher, but this is a LOVE catcher. I'm thinking I'll hang it in my room. And not one of the girls' rooms.

The pattern is mine. Not really much of a pattern at all. Just sort of winged it. No pun intended on this challenge. But I suppose it does fit.

I used a 6 inch embroidery hoop that I saved from a yard sale, some leftover fabric from a purse Megan made a few months back, my embroidery threads, some leftover felt from a project Melissa made a few years back, ribbon from my stash and a piece of scrap batting.


This wall hanging was inspired by the works of lova revolutionary on Flickr.

9 comments:

Sian said...

That's the nicest dream catcher I've ever seen

Deena said...

this is awesome! love everything about it...even those birds made my cute book and you know how i feel about birds!

Rosemary said...

I love this, it looks so good and wow, you winged it (snort, love the unintentional pun) perfectly. I am enjoying the textures and the rich colors, ahhhhh....

Electra said...

This is amazing, Jana, I adore it. You make the best creations out of bits and bobs! Love your new blog look too, very grownup! hee hee

Tyggereye said...

OOOhHH!! Wow! I love this! so cute! I really think this is so pretty and totally your design? Way to go! :)

~amy~ said...

way toooo stinkin' CUTE...and btw, I went back to sleep from 8 - 10:30 am this morning:)

Gini said...

A love catcher - how perfect Jana, this is just the brightest bestest birdie make evah!
Everyone will smile when looking at it and will catch a whole bundle of love for sure.
Gini with a really big happy grin on her face
XX

Kati said...

So cute! Thanks for linking up to Slash the Stash!

Hani@Craftionary said...

Love the cuteness and girly look..
Thanks for linking up at friday fun party