Monday, January 30, 2012

2012 Goals Meeting #1




Well, I have had my first meeting, and have decided that I need to be a lot more proactive. I need to get a lot more detailed with my plans. It's all about learning what works for me, so I am okay with this and not going to beat myself up.

I lost about a week being sick. I just had NO motivation to do anything at all. So, I didn't. Sometimes you have to listen to what your body is telling you. It's usually pretty smart. I needed rest, and I got it. Anyhow, I am back on track now.

I have decided to make a Goals Tracker Book to help with my meetings.

I grabbed my supplies and tools:


Composition notebook, stapler, paper cutter, scrap piece of paper and pen.

I cut the paper into 1inch by 4 inch-ish pieces. Folded them in half, wrapped one around a page and stapled it onto one sheet about every 4 or 5 sheets of paper in the composition book. Pretty simple, but very effective.



I picked a composition notebook because they are pretty strong, and I can replace it pretty cheaply. AND it has the added benefit of being just the perfect size for me.

Now I have a dedicated book for my goals. I have already started detailing plans, with deadlines, to accomplish what I want this year. Sounds a bit overkill, but I have a lot I want to get done. Hopefully this will help prevent anything from falling through the cracks. Lists are a must have in my arsenal.


I'm going to sew a cover for the notebook. I'll let you know when I've done it. 

5 comments:

Rosemary said...

Great idea, can't wait to see how this works out with your plans. Keep us posted!

About Kimchi said...

nice job. and agree with you that if need to listen your body when tired. :)

Tyggereye said...

Thats cool. Goals are always easy to make, following through is the hard part. Great planning!

Deena said...

hoping the book helps out with the followthrough...looks like you have it all under control though!

Electra said...

Wow, I'm impressed. And jealous. And supportive. And kind of wordy tonight.