Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Shredded Beef Tacos

I am a working mom. I have to come home and make meals. Sometimes (almost everyday) I really don't feel like cooking. It doesn't help that I really don't like our stove. But that's a whole different story, so back to this one.


I have come to terms with the fact that I have to improvise. My family LOVES, LOVES, LOVES homemade shredded beef tacos. They take time to make. They require a big pan of grease. I am trying to not eat so much grease.



My compromise is SOFT TACOS. Not exactly the same, but not too shabby either. And based on the amount of leftovers (none) I think that my family liked it well enough too.

I made the shredded beef in the crock pot. I used a 2.5 pound chuck roast seasoned with salt, pepper and minced garlic, then threw 2 cut up onions in. Some underneath, on the sides and on the top. And added about 1/2 cup of water. I cooked it on low for 8 hours. Didn't lift the lid once.

The meat was so very tender. And tasted great. Did I mention NO leftovers.

Now I just have to figure out what other recipes I can improvise...

2 comments:

Deena said...

I am the biggest fan ever of crockpot dinners...at least once a week in our house...one of my girls faves is a boneless pork loin roast, 4-6 italian sausages and a jar or two of your favorite spaghetti sauce...cook all day on low and voila. serve over rigatoni noodles...no other ingredients and it is quite yummy...

Electra said...

Hmm, never heard of these. Must be an 'merican thang. They sound good though.