Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 Goals

<> 
Despite my near failing grade on last years goals, I am setting goals for 2012. I will approach the accomplishment of these goals very differently. I am going to hold monthly meeting with my list.  I am making sub-lists and breaking each goal into components and putting realistic deadlines in place. I am going to check in on myself (monthly meetings) and be less critical of my set backs. I'll pick myself up and move forward if I miss a deadline. I won't stop dead in my tracks and just, well, stop. I'll pickup where I left off and work toward attaining these goals.


 I am starting out with a grading system. This one will be a little more complex. I have a spreadsheet made out. (Yup. Geeky.) I won't bore you with the details. (You're welcome.)

And now for my
GOAL'S OF 2012

<> 
  • Finish 12 UFO's - trying for 1 a month
  • Monthly Date with Danny - gonna try it again
  • Sunrise/Sunset on the Beach - Gotta do it.
  • VA Aquarium - I live right here!
  • Read 26 Books - this is a good, realistic number
  • Camping Trip - maybe June or September
  • Family Portrait - any time this year
  • do. Good Stitches - 12 months of a good deed
  • Neptune Festival - missed it last year
  • Disney Vacation - Watch out Mickey...
  • Homemade Meals weekly - only eat out once a week
  • Nutcracker Ballet - Melissa wants this one
  • Beach weekly - Summer
  • Read an autobiography - it'll be part of the 26
  • Purge the Studio - BIG task
  • Send Birthday Cards - why is this one so very hard?
  • Send Christmas Cards - again, why not?
  • Mississippi Vacation - road trip
  • Quilt a month - I'll piece the tops and send out for quilting
  • Homemade Christmas - I want to make the gifts I give
  • Swap a month - try to limit myself to one a month
  • Ride a bus somewhere - maybe a day trip to somewhere
  • Strawberry picking - mmmmmaybe make jam
  • Eat Less, Move More - and twist and twist and twist
  • Museum - Morgan wants to go to Richmond for an Impressionist display
  • Art Journal monthly - I NEED my creative outlet
  • Monthly Date with Girls - I may have to rotate girls every month
  • Monthly Goal Meeting - I will fail without this. I may fail anyway, but it won't be for lack of meetings. LOL
  • Develop Plan for Goals - This is the first step to success.
  • Write Goals Down - Okay, THIS is the first step to success.

I have a TAB for my GOALS. I will update/add and keep track of them there. I'll also post to let you know how it's going. You are welcome to join me if you want. Just let me know and I'll be a cheerleader for you.




What goals are you working on for 2012?

And what are your plans for getting there?
My inquiring mind wants to know.




1 comment:

Rosemary said...

Cheer for me and I'll cheer you on too!!! I think these sounds wonderful and I know know know you can accomplish them!!!!